Beat the Coronavirus

Practical tips to protect yourself, your family, and your community.

We've put together a list of some of the most actionable things you can to to help slow the spread of the Coronavirus—and other infectious diseases. Please share these ideas with your friends and family. We invite additional suggestions and feedback for improving the site.

Note: This is a brand new project, and we already have a big backlog of tips to upload. Please check back often for new ideas!

DISCLAIMER: The material provided on this site is for strictly informational and educational purposes only. This site is not intended to replace or substitute for the recommendations or advice of your physician, health care provider, or public health official. The information contained in this site should not be used to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any health condition, disease, or illness. Statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. If you are sick or think you might be, please seek medical attention immediately.


The Science Behind Mandatory Hand Sanitizer in Airports & Other Public Spaces

From the study:

"...on average, only about 20 percent of people in airports have clean hands — meaning that they have been washed with soap and water, for at least 15 seconds, within the last hour or so. The other 80 percent are potentially contaminating everything they touch with whatever germs they may be carrying..."

"Improving handwashing at all of the world’s airports to triple that rate, so that 60 percent of travelers to have clean hands at any given time, would have the greatest impact, potentially slowing global disease spread by almost 70 percent..."

This is not achievable by putting up posters or building additional bathroom sinks. But travelers are already accustomed to being imposed upon at security checkpoints. Being required to use hand sanitizer right after the security screening is a relatively mild requirement that could save literally millions of lives if implemented quickly.